Have a look at what was discussed during this webinar below and user your Engerati account (or register for free to get onw!) to listen to the recording:
How can you create new opportunities to reduce power costs or even turn electricity flexibility into a new revenue source?
The shift to a distributed generation utility model has created a need for flexibility - the ability to increase or decrease power production and consumption on demand to stabilise the grid.
Large energy consumers, such as industrial plants, real-estate owners or car-lease companies with an electrical fleet, own this flexibility. These organisations now have new opportunities to use their flexibility to reduce power costs or even create a new revenue source.
Yet, how can companies monetise flexibility? How can they seize this new business opportunity in which electricity will no longer be a utility but a commodity?
Based on eight years’ experience in the power markets, backed up by their dynamic software and following the results of various flexibility pilot projects, Priogen has set up a 5-step framework that can help companies to monetise their flexibility using the help of an aggregator.
During the webinar, Priogen will cover:
- What is flexibility?
- What is the financial potential of flexibility?
- The challenges to unlock flexibility
- A 5-step framework to overcome these challenges
Based on its know-how, Priogen will explain the framework step by step:
- Step 1: Analyse the available electricity measurements
- Step 2: Understand the sourcing strategy
- Step 3: Identify opportunities for power savings
- Step 4: Identify opportunities for cost savings
- Step 5: Identify opportunities for additional revenue
As we move further down this framework, more data becomes available. This helps the aggregator to combine the flexibility of many different sources into a service that generates more added value than the sources could do individually. Flexibility owners will be able to change their energy programmes from operational to strategic.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn about the basics of energy flexibility
- Realise the financial potential of flexibility
- Recognise the challenges to unlock flexibility
- Understand the 5-step framework that helps you overcome these challenges
- Gain knowledge of case studies from different projects with different providers
|Michiel Klever, strategic director, joined Priogen in 2010 as a trader and has served in various front office and management roles. In recent years, he has shifted his focus towards the energy transition in general and flexibility value in particular. By combining his strong quantitative skillset with a pragmatic problem-solving approach, he aims to increase the value of flexibility for its owners, users, and society as a whole.|