The programme covers the basics you are used to at EMART such as price forecasts, market developments and regulatory updates in the Power, Gas and Market Supervision tracks; and this year we have extended the programme to include several new topics:
- Highlighting the trends and underlying fundamentals of wholesale energy price formation
This session will help you with forecasting energy prices. It gives outlooks on where prices are going and analyses the role of conventional generation in an era of growing RES generation volumes.
- On the operation and construction of interconnectors between GB and continental Europe, changes in the governance regime for market coupling and network codes and the energy relationship between Ireland, the UK and the rest of the EU
We will discuss the possible impacts of Brexit on the operation and construction of interconnectors between GB and continental Europe and possible changes in the governance regime for market coupling and network codes and the energy relationship between Ireland, the UK and the rest of the EU.
Senior Research Fellow
- The magic word this year. If we can harness flexible energy sources, including managing how and when consumers use electricity, the cost of the renewable-based system could fall drastically.
- Improving markets and price signals will enable us to capture the value of flexibility
We will investigate profitable business models for flexible energy and discover the key to creating value with flex in an era of decentralization.
- First-hand insight from the markets’ top talent
- P2P trading and blockchain - Insights to keep you at the forefront of your game
- Augmented reality and artificial intelligence in trading from the specialists already testing it
The single biggest catalyst for change in trading will be technology. Technology will bring us a new breed of trader and those trading firms that embrace this change will end up looking more like Silicon Valley than Wall Street.
Partner, Global Leader of Capital Markets Infrastructure
- Taking place partly at EMART Energy, this programme will bring a completely new audience to the event, offering you even greater networking and business opportunities
The energy intensive sector plays a vital role in the energy transition which is driving energy generation, trading and consumption to new levels of interaction. With the Commercial and Industrial Energy user Days, we bring all sectors together to facilitate the discussion about the next step towards a new market design.
View the Full Programme